Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bantayan Island: Part 5 (Tuesday)

Going Home Day today…. L

Back to the real world. What a shame.

Got up at 6am and sat at HR drinking some delicious lemon tea while thinking about how I DON'T WANT TO EVER LEAVE. EVER.

We had our farewell coffee with Van and Larry (I am going to miss both coffee and our buds) up on Van’s terrace, and got the bike over to the ferry. Back again on the 1.5 hour ferry and 4 hour bus to Cebu. We got here early so I could look for cheap baby guitars (Cebu’s known for their cheap/good guitars) and we wanted massages (also cheap here). I couldn’t find a guitar that sounded good at the mall, but me and Tristan looked outside and found a Thai massage place for only $6/hour. Holy crap, what?? Yeah. Thai massages hurt like woah but they also did Sweidsh massages which are better so we got ourselves an hour of those. She was still pretty harsh but it felt good, I needed all those knots out of my back. This was my first massage too. It was sooooo amazingggggg. Ahhhhhh.

I got a DDs at the mall (which advertised Hazelnut but didn’t actually have any…) and the large was NOT a real large. Get with it Philippines. Gosh. 

(NOT a large)

But we grabbed a taxi to go see Magellan’s Cross and then take us to the airport. The cab driver was so nice. He waited for us while we went to the cross; he talked the whole time with us about movies, music, traveling, etc; he even took me to the best place to get guitars, and so guess what I got!! It’s pretty simple, but it was the best sounding mini guitar in the store. Only $20, made by the guy at the store. Now I get to play the guitar again and I get a cool trinket from the Philippines that is actually useful.



(My baby guitar!!)

At the airport, we got another DDs, the last one for another 2 months (God bless our souls), and I had to spend my last few pisos because it was too small to exchange, so I got a shot glass, which I had wanted anyways.



And now back to Asians, and classes, and work, and terrible food, and ughhhh.

L

Oh well, it was an amazing, fantastic, unreal experience I will never forget. I am such a lucky person that I was given the chance to go. 

Fun Facts Learned from this Journey:

1. You can learn the most interesting facts by people who have traveled the world; if you ever want to travel somewhere, talk to them, they know better than any internet site.
2. You ever want a no-hassle no-haggle deal in the Philippines, you have to know people. For instance, our boat to the Virgin Islands. Set price with no add-ons because it we became friends with the Captain’s brother.
3. Filipinos like their DDs for the donuts, NOT the coffee. They are all backwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment