Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sushiiii (for dumbies)

Me and Danika signed up for another Chinese food making workshop!!! SUSHI! Except for sushi is actually Japanese. Whatever.

I have to give credit to this school, they do a lot of fun things and activities for students that are all free. Lovin' it.

The sushi workshop was for beginners, pretty much everything was done for us, but whatevs. I have a feel for how they are made now. They steamed to rice for us, and gave is only a small selection of ingredients, but shut up Christina, it's free.

I'm a pro at egg fryin'

Ingredients, minus the cukes

Step 1: Seaweed and sticky rice (with vinegar)

Step 2: Add ingredients


Step 3: Roll with bamboo mat

I'm officially a pro...

Step 4: Cut into nom nom rolls

Yay! So proud of our rolls. haha Thank god there were Asians in our group, they know how to do everything...obviously...

Sweet (or savory) success

We asked for wasabi and they just went out and bought it for us. Quality service.

Fun Facts about Hong Kong Asians:
1. I swear they get worse and slower at walking every day.
2. Found out today that fried rice is Chinese style, while steamed rice is Japanese....never knew...
3. They don't do zip codes here, so there are only 2 post offices in this entire city, one is all the way on the island. So tomorrow I will be lugging a massive package 2 miles away. Sweet. Your welcome, Tony...
4. Banks here have an ATM service charge of $9. Not so nice.
5. The mousepad on my computer is making weird noises when I click it. Annoying.
6. It is actually very difficult to find Soy Sauce and Wasabi here. Which is why tonight was so amazing.
7. I found out there is an American grocery store that has Cheezits, but its on the opposite side of the island,      efffffff.
8. I miss bagels. Blueberry bagels with Big Y's crunchy all natural peanut butter and Smucker's sugar-free grape jelly.
9. I miss DDs. DDs. DDs. DDs. DDs.
10. Their coffee is so bad here I have started taking up tea drinking. You know there is a problem when I am drinking tea and not coffee. Not okay. Not okay. Not okay.
11. I am rambling. I just don't want to start studying Cantonese. Here we go. Gau meng aa!! (HELP) Will be included on friday's test. Well, got one vocab down now. gau meng aa gau meng aa gau meng aaaaaaaaaaaaa <wrong Christina wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment