Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stanley = I love America

It's been a while since my last post, but I haven't done anything interesting so that's why. Just school, and sleeping, and reading...

But today equals America day.

You don't realize how much you miss America until you are away from it for so long. By missing America, I mean I miss good food. And by good food, I mean ice cream, Cheezits, hamburgers, and fries.

So we decided to fix our cravings.

By going to Stanley.

Stanley is a part of Hong Kong Island (it takes like a 40 min Metro and then 1 hour bus ride to get there) where all rich foreigners live, usually because of work. Because it's all foreigners, and all rich people, everything there is really nice and really non-Asian. Just my style.

The bus ride there was pretty awesome. I passed more Maseratis on the road than I have ever seen in my life. We also drive along the cliffs to the ocean, so you can see the most gorgeous view. Quite a sight.


Once we get to Stanley, we of course have to stop in the American grocery store. And cry a little. Because everything is beautiful. And insanely expensive. Stupid college kid wallet... This is the only place in Hong Kong you can get CheezIts (they even had white cheddar...) and Lucky Charms, and I couldn't even get any. To top it off, look what else they had:


Made me cry a little bit.
But no worries. I will get over it. When I get home and have 15 DDs in a row.
Anyways, we walked long the Plaza, took in the sights, and found a nice hamburger joint. And stared at all the white people in one area.



First real sandwich I have had in 2 months. Salmon, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, cheese, on wheat. Amazing to say the least.


(Happy Americans with our American food)

(And to top it off, there was an Ice Cream Truck playing music...I love Stanley)

The reason we also went to Stanley is because it is known for its Market. Just more Asian trinkets and whatnot. But surprisingly cheep for such a rich neighborhood. 


So altogether, today = success + yumminess.

Fun Facts about Asians:
1. They are awful salespeople. "300 dollah. Okay okay 100 dollah. Okay 40 dollah." Really now?
2. They speak much better English if they work in an area of all white people.
3. They smack walls as some sort of Asian meditation workout thing...I don't know...
4. They have a lot more versions of smartphones than we do.

Ohhhhhh hey guess what.
I LEAVE FOR THE PHILIPPINE ISLAND BANTAYAN IN 5 DAYSSSS.
Where all I am doing is sitting on the silky white beach, get $10/hr massages, eat yum food, drink yum drinks, and go snorkeling as my exercise. And spend like no money because everything there is dirt cheap.
Be jealous. I am jealous of myself. And the tan I will have. Or burn. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment