Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine

I was getting the impression that I would never see sunshine again until I leave Hong Kong.
But this weekend was complete bliss complete with sunshine and warmth.

The rest of the crew is gone, traveling to Bangkok, Thailand. I didn't go on this trip to save some money, decided there were other places I would rather go than Bangkok. I'm not too interested in spending lots of money and 4 days in one city.

Soooo, I get the long weekend to myself. Had it been it's usual dreary self, I may have become a little emo. On the contrary, I have had one of the nicest weekends.

Saturday I decided to meander down to the Ladies Market, just another street market with Hong Kong souvenirs etc. I just wanted to check out what they had a different markets so I can do my souvenir shopping before I come home. No pics, sorry, they get mad at street markets if you take pics of their things.

I did see some really cool things though:
1. Mario (and crew) slippers. Was gunna get some for Joe but the biggest size was even too small for me...
2. The craziest Rubik's Cubes alive. I've seen 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5 cubes. I thought the only one I have left to solve was the 5x5. What a joke. They had ones that rotated on a diagonal, and ones that the pieces flipped when you rotated it, and all this crazy stuff. I am going to stock up on them before I leave. They were off the walls.
3. Spongebob night gowns.
4. etc etc

Anyways, it was nice to get out and walk around in the sun and 80 degree weather.

Spent Saturday night watching The Departed. Figured it was appropriate seeing as it was St. Patty's Day. Why I have never seen that movie before is a mystery. Boston + Irish + Mafia + Dropkicks + everyone dies at the end - Boston accents = masterpiece. (notice the minus sign).

Sunday, another fabulous sunny day of 86 degrees, I decided to spend the afternoon down at the Starbucks on Victoria Harbour and do some Cantonese homework. This is a busy touristy area, so I spent most of my time people watching and enjoying the sun (and sweating, but still loving it) than doing my homework, but whatever.


 I realized I don't have any pics of my school yet so I took a few:





Fun Facts about Hong Kong Asians:
1. Their Mickey D's don't have Shamrock Shakes. Shame on them.
2. They think it is funny when white people try to leave Cantonese. The kids in my project group get a kick out of teaching me stuff, and people who would sit at my table at Starbucks and see my homework would start laughing and ask me about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment