Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another Day of Days

Today was a triumphant and long day.

Triumphant because it was our final presentation day for our semester project, and it was also my final for Cantonese. Which means NO MORE CANTONESE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE EVER.

It's a good feeling.

And I passed both. Well, I think anyways...

Long because it was just a freaking long day.

Other successes, I really like my group for bioinstrumentation (5 local Hong Konganese kids). We spent the prep time for the presentation and then lunch afterwards hanging out and constantly laughing. They were helping me study for my Cantonese final, which was partially oral, and laughing at my Cantonese skills. Haha, they were actually surprisingly helpful. Every time I heard them or someone nearby speak I word I knew I would say it out loud and they found it hilarious when I would get all the random stuff and say it retardedly. We were then doing tongue twister sentences, like "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickles" and "Moses supposes his toeses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously." It may have been one of the funniest things I have ever heard listening to the five of them all trying to say those. They tried to get me to say some Cantonese ones but I just butchered them so bad it was ridiculous. I love my sarcastic nature around them, because they always think I am serious. Leads to very comical conversations, where they are absolutely confused. They also made good fun of my healthy lunch (they had never seen baby carrots before, what??) and called me a rich vegetarian (because I own a piece of shit car) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment