Saturday, December 31, 2011

What to do when I get to Hong Kong...

Sadly for me, the airport is an hour away from PolyU. How to get there?? Thankfully they are used to tourists there so I just asked a worker, bought an Octopus card, and hopped on a bus.

This gave me my first views of the city: it is constructed over a beautiful landscape with palm trees and ocean, and yet miles and miles of horribly designed and old skyscraper are destroying it. The city is massive, and the street level of all the buildings are shops with bright neon lights and huge signs. Its pretty cool to see Rolex stores next to little dumpy trinket shops.



My room...about 3 ft wide and 10 ft long. I am pretty sure the mattress is made of cardboard.



(view from my window)

PolyU is interesting. All of the buildings on the campus block are connected together for the first several levels. It’s kinda weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment