Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lots and Lots of Noodles

The adventures being.

I have been spending my first several days here wandering the streets with other international students, eating yummy noodles, and staying away from the mystery meats.

Here are some pics from the streets around my dorm:



New Years in Hong Kong...figure it would be baller status, eh? Didn't Chinese invent fireworks and all? Jokes on you. 15 bajillion people squished onto the Hong Kong Harbor to watch the fireworks at midnight over Hong Kong Island. They lasted about 3 minutes and were just little sparkles off the top of buildings....lame. Couldn't even take pictures it was that bad.

I decided I am going to start putting fun facts about Hong Kong asians at the end of my blogs:
1. They try to make Mickey D's classy.
2. They are uber skilled with chopsticks. Shit's hard....
3. They don't have big feet (I may be in trouble if I want to buy shoes).
4. Everything is dirt cheap (groceries, wine, etc), except coffee is mad expensive (Starbucks is more expensive here than in the US) and alcohol at bars.
5. They eat Ramon Noodles.
6. They love Karaoke more than life, and cannot sing to save their life...
7. They wear the absolute weirdest things (I will have to snag a pic later).
8. They do not use fake sugars and have only Tobasco for hot sauce (ick).

No comments:

Post a Comment